New Features in GetRight version 5.x
The Main New Stuff in GetRight 5.0
- "QuickSync" and "Server Synchronizer". Two features for quickly and easily gathering many files off a website. QuickSync for sites you want to process once; Server Synchronizer for sites you want to keep matched with your computer (can just download changed files!) Plus the GetRight Browser now does subdirectories too.
- Improvements to Automatic Downloading. Can use classic "Priority" order for downloads, or new "Exact Ordering" to drag-and-drop files into the exact order you want. Separated limits for Files and Segments for better control of connections.
- Added a simpler option for Automatic Segmenting/Accelerating; just do X segments per file if it meets a minimum size.
- Much more customization and details can be shown. For the Download Status--can show or hide columns (and added a few new columns you can show--date added, etc.) and a few choices for the Speed Graph. For download windows, can show a Speed Graph or report with mirror/acceleration details.
- "Advanced" buttons to easily view and change exceptions in the registry for your Click Monitoring and "Referer" settings.
- Added a delay on the Internet dialing so can pause before redialing a broken connection.
- Updated the old "Drag-Drop" window to look cooler.
- The optional Gator software has been completely removed from the installer.
The New Features in GetRight version 4.5
- FileMirrors.com searching. A mirror sharing and searching system for users of GetRight. Should help you find many more locations where you can download a file.
- Download History. Nice tree on the Download Status lets you see information about finished downloads.
- Added Mirror Manager to greatly improve ability to control, add, verify your mirrors for a download. [Under the Options button on the downloading window, or Right click on an item on the Download Status.]
- Added Verify on Download Status to check the links for all your downloads.
- Re-organize the Configuration to use tree structure. And add or move around a bunch to make better sense.
- 4.5a and higher removed all banner ads in the program. Now just "traditional shareware" that gives reminders to buy GetRight.
- Added to dialer to make much better with different ISPs with different login or proxy settings. [Advanced button on Internet config.]
- Added some "elapsed time" things in tooltips, if window not closed when download finishes, in some logs, plus in the History.
- Added "repeat automatic" option [on Limits config item]. So can just go thru the whole list of any remaining downloads again. Should really help some of the busy server issues (plus have tried fixing the busy server stuff itself...this is a nice extra retry).
- Added SOCKS proxy support.